· The Spalding County Pickleball Association (SCPA) was founded at Wyomia Tyus Olympic Park in 2016 as a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization.
· It hosts between 5-7 tournaments each year. The APP (Association of Pickleball Professionals) 2022 Atlanta Metro Open tournament will be held here in September and will host between 700-1000 professionals and amateurs from Spalding County as well as all around our nation. There will also be hundreds of viewers in attendance.
· SCPA consists of over 200 active members from Spalding and other surrounding counties. SCPA membership is growing weekly and is currently reaching out to adults by offering a Saturday morning beginner clinic and to young people by offering afternoon/evening middle school and high school clinics. In addition to SCPA members, the Wyomia Tyus Pickleball facility is enjoyed by countless other people daily.
· The Wyomia Tyus Pickleball facility consists of 18 courts, 4 of which are covered, and 12 of which are lighted. There are restrooms, a concession stand, and viewing bleachers with shade awnings for player and viewer comfort.
· SCPA has an up-to-date website (spaldingpickleball.com) which is interesting and informative and encourages online membership and also the joining of events such as round robins and ladder/league play. In addition, there is a sponsor page which lists current sponsors as well as benefits of sponsorship.
· The goal of the SCPA is to further the growth of pickleball among citizens of all ages and diversity of Griffin, Spalding County, and the greater southern metro Atlanta by relaying the many healthful benefits of pickleball! Included in the proven benefits are improved balance, better agility, improved mental health, and increased socialization! Pickleball is the fastest growing sport in the United States and has been for the past five years.
· SCPA offers a free WhatsApp membership to all interested participants (Pickleball Peeps) through which members communicate playing times, updated weather information, notifications of various activities at the courts, and member alerts of various needs within this community.
The benefits of our sponsorship are listed below.
If you'd like to be a sponsor, please contact us at SpaldingPickleball@gmail.com.